Whether you are looking for inspiration to improve your bullet journal, or just want something creative and beautiful to use for writing down your thoughts, an aesthetic journal is the perfect way to express yourself. Aesthetic journals can be used for anything from keeping an aesthetic diary to tracking goals and habits, creating art, taking notes in school, or simply doodling away. Here are 45 aesthetic journal ideas that will inspire creativity!
45 Aesthetic Journal Ideas
1. Create a mood board featuring inspirational quotes that motivate you.
2. Track your habits with colorful stickers or washi tape.
4. Make a list of books you want to read this year and the ones you’ve already finished.
5. Track your fitness goals with a graph and progress stickers.
6. Doodle on every page to make it look like a scrapbook of sorts.
7. Start a gratitude journal or write down things that made you happy each day.
8. Create collections of motivational quotes, lyrics, and other words of inspiration to help keep yourself motivated throughout the day.
9. Design a bucket list of all the things you want to do or places you want to visit before you die!
10. Make a mood tracker using colorful markers and different shapes to show how your emotions change over time.
11. Write down your dreams each night before going to bed and see if you can remember them in the morning.
12. Take notes on all the movies, TV shows, or books you’ve watched or read this year.
13. Make a list of goals for yourself and track your progress.
14. Track your spending habits each month and try to find ways to save money where possible!
15. Journal about your deepest thoughts and feelings without any judgment, it’s just for you!
16. Doodle comic strips are based on funny moments or things that have happened throughout your day.
17. Use photos from Instagram or other social media platforms to create vision boards of places you want to go, people, you admire, etc.
18. Brainstorm shopping lists so you can continue shopping without worry.
19. Take notes on your favorite recipes, restaurants, and places you’ve visited so far this year.
20. Create an art journal to draw or paint in, use whatever tools make you happiest!
21. Make a list of all the people you admire and why they are important to you.
22. Create collections of color palettes that inspire you while designing websites or other projects.
23. Start a travel journal and write about all the different places you’ve been!
24. Track your daily meals with colorful stickers, it’s fun and motivating!
25. Brainstorm bucket list ideas for each season or month, like going to a pumpkin patch or apple picking in the fall.
26. Design your inspirational quotes that you can look back on and be reminded of when times get tough.
27. Take notes from lectures, classes, or meetings you attend throughout the week so you don’t forget anything important!
28. Make a list of all the goals you want to accomplish this year and track your progress over time.
29. Draw cute cartoons or doodles that make you smile whenever you open your journal!
30. Write down affirmations each day that help boost your self-confidence or remind you of something positive about yourself.
31. Create collections of art from different artists, this is a great way to find inspiration and get creative!
32. Make a list of all your favorite songs, albums, or bands so you can easily look back and remember what music was important to you at various points in your life.
33. Track the amount of water you drink each day with colorful stickers or drawings.
34. Brainstorm ideas for stories, poems, songs, or other writing projects, this is a great way to get your creative juices flowing!
35. Design vision boards that represent the goals and dreams you want to achieve over time.
36. Create collections of photos from hikes or outdoor adventures that make you happy when you look back on them later!
37. Doodle patterns or mandalas that represent different aspects of your life.
38. Make a list of all the things you’ve learned this year and how these lessons have helped you grow as a person!
39. Track your sleep with cute stickers so you can see how well-rested you are each day.
40. Take notes from books, podcasts, or other media sources that inspire or teach you something new!
41. Write down any goals or dreams for the future and find ways to make them happen one step at a time.
42. Brainstorm ideas for blogs, business endeavors, and creative projects that excite you!
43. Create collections of inspiring quotes from people who have made an impact on your life.
44. Track the amount of exercise you do each day and the progress you are making with a graph or other visual representation.
45. Doodle in every page to make it look like a scrapbook of sorts, this is a fun way to express yourself creatively!
How to Set Up Aesthetic Bullet Journals
Choose a journal or notebook
Picking out the perfect journal is the first step in creating an aesthetic bullet journal. Consider factors like size, shape, material, and color when deciding on your journal so you can be sure it meets all your needs.
Having the right supplies for your aesthetic bullet journal is key to setting up a beautiful page spread that will last.
Start by stocking up on pens and markers in different colors and tip sizes; also consider getting washi tape, stickers, stencils, stamps, post-it notes, whiteout correction tape, and other decorative items that can help give each page its own unique look.
Before you begin planning your aesthetic bullet journal, take some time to brainstorm what exactly it is you want to include in it. Write down ideas for layouts, trackers, spreads, and any other content that you want to add.
Make a plan
Now that you have an idea of what goes into your journal, it’s time to make a plan on how best to organize everything. If this is your first bullet journal, start with something basic like the month-at-a-glance page spread or a habit tracker; then work your way up from there as needed.
Start creating pages
Once you’ve got a plan set out, start creating pages for your aesthetic bullet journal based on the ideas you brainstormed earlier. Take your time and be creative, this is your space to express yourself!
Add personal touches to your pages with stickers, stamps, and other decorations that will reflect what makes you unique. These small details can make a big difference in how inviting and enjoyable your aesthetic bullet journal looks.
Color can add a whole new level of depth to any page spread; choose colors that match the theme or mood of each page for maximum effect. If you’re feeling stuck on which colors to use, take a look at some color palettes online for inspiration.
As you create more content for your aesthetic bullet journal, be sure to keep track of what goes where. Keeping an index page or table of contents can come in handy for quickly finding specific pages or entries.
Most importantly, have fun with your aesthetic bullet journal, and don’t forget to express yourself! There are no right or wrong ways to use it; just get creative and let your personality shine through on each page spread.
How to Organize Your Aesthetic Bullet Journals
Create an Index Page
Start by adding an index page at the beginning of your journal. This will allow you to easily flick through the pages and find specific entries or sections.
Keep It Tidy
As you fill in each page, be sure to keep it neat and tidy so that it’s easy to look through when needed. Use colorful markers, stickers, or washi tape to keep things organized and visually appealing!
If you have different sections within your journal (such as a gratitude section, mood tracking section, book reviews, etc.) be sure to label each section so you can easily find them when needed.
Use different colors to code your entries and sections. This will make it easier to visually distinguish between different sections or topics in your journal.
Set Up Reminders & Alerts
Add reminders or alerts for important tasks, deadlines, or events that are coming up so that you don’t forget about them! You can add these to the weekly calendar spreads or set up a dedicated page specifically for this purpose.
Keep Track of Ideas
If you have any ideas for future projects, stories, businesses, etc., write them down in your aesthetic bullet journal pages so that you can easily reference them in the future.
Set Achievable Goals
Finally, set achievable goals for yourself and track your progress over time. Seeing your progress will help motivate you to keep going! This is a great way to stay on top of your tasks and make sure you are making progress towards your goals.
Tips for Using Aesthetic Bullet Journal Ideas Successfully
Be Creative With Ideas & Entries
Don’t be afraid to try new ideas when it comes to writing entries or doodling in your bullet journal. Let yourself explore different themes or topics and let your creativity shine!
Practice Mindfulness & Presence
When writing in your bullet journal, practice mindfulness and presence by staying present with what you’re doing. Give yourself the space to just be in the moment and enjoy the process of creating something unique.
Set Reminders & Alerts
Setting reminders or alerts can help you stay on track with your tasks and goals. This can be a great way to make sure that important deadlines are met or that you’re staying focused on the things that truly matter to you.
Look Back & Reflect
Don’t forget to look back over what you’ve written and reflect on it from time to time. Taking a few minutes out of your day to appreciate all the progress you’ve made and the memories created can be really powerful!
Share With Others
These aesthetic journal ideas can help you stay organized, motivated, and creative throughout the year. Whether you use them for goal setting, tracking habits, or simply expressing yourself through art, they will surely bring out your inner artist! So grab your favorite pen and notebook today and start creating something beautiful. Happy journaling!